09 May 2023

Christmas 2022

Lovric family Christmas was at Jason's. I asked Christie how long it took to prepare, and she said a week. Plus she had her sister, and Vince to help. Eeek! A nice time, and a lot or beer for me. Some of Kristy's relatives dropped in as well, so had a chat to a couple of them. 

Tim, Trish, me, Juan, Luz, Claudia and Jaime (not in the pic) plus everyone's kids had a pre Christmas lunch. I think there was two main dishes per person. It was very good, but wow what a lot of food. 
Laurens, Anke, David, Michael and Kevin were in the Netherlands with family.
We had to go for a walk in the park after so we could walk the food off a bit.
I suppose the Netherlands is a bit rainy hey.
Anne Sophie came to our place with David, Yannick and George. Yannick is a big rail fan, so was happy with our station. I told them the story about how I went home to get something with 5 mintues before the train, and still made it back again. He is v impressed about that haha.
Caroline and Stephane came to Australia to visit Jean Claude. He has mesothelioma, a result of working with car brakes in his youth. The brakes linings contained asbestos for the heat back in the day. He's well for now.

Stephane and Caroline are the niece and nephew of my aunty Ellen (blood related) and her husband  jean Claude (not blood related to my side of the family). We are both nephews of my aunty, so the same generation. 

We have a common aunty. If we were closely blood related, we would have the same grandfather (my aunty's father) and we would be first cousins. First cousins have the same grandfather. 2nd cousins have the same great grandfather, etc.
He is my cousin's cousin. But we are not blood related, so we are not cousins. I think the short answer is we are just not related, but he is family? lol. If we could trace the family tree back up the evolutionary tree far enough, then we could work it out. I guess there was no single ancestor microbe, so this is no guarantee either.

A note on cousins that are first removed, second removed, etc, these cousins are blood cousins. It does not mean your cousins' cousins. 



From the internet:
"Removed" is like “grand” and “great,” but with cousins. Once removed means a difference of one generation, twice removed means a difference of two generations, and so forth.

Quick Tip: Your parent's first, second, and third cousins are also your first, second, and third cousins—but once removed.


Oli and Goldie in our grassless yard, following some kind of worm attack. 

Does she love water? Yes!
As mush as the cat loves being on the roof.
Peter's poodly dog thing. Went to theirs for boxing day.



No comments: