03 May 2019

FInshing off the cabinets

 Finally ready, glued, and clamped together. After 24 hours of glue drying, then it's heaps of sanding, filling, then two coats of oil.
 The gold standard - just 3 l/100km to get from our place to Tony and Evonne's.
 My dad's old gold ring. It has his initials on it. Now I'm wearing this on my pinkie.
 The final sand.
 Close up of the resin fill. This is after about three passes filling up holes. It still shows whirlpools where the holes are still sucking it down, plus two bubbles.
 Thank the Lord! The end is in sight - just a final coat of plain oil, too easy. This is my Super Mario look.
 How it should look once installed.
 Sanding max amounts of wood generates max amounts of dust coating my arms, legs and hair.
The starting point - some floppy, cupped, bowed, weathered wood.

No comments: