18 August 2006

Tonala, Monday arvo


Left: Tonala: street stall holders put it up where they wanna

Right: main church, Tonala & menacing clouds

I see the guy I met at the gym, and he takes me to the street corner for the bus. It's not marked or anything: you get the bus in Tlaquepaque's centre on any corner. The grumpy bus driver starts gunning it while I'm still in the doorway chatting to gym dude, who's luckily big enough to physically shove me in as the bus moves off, so I don't fall out.

Left: Tonala
Right: The wind is picking up. The kids are runnning to escape the raindrops

It's a beautiful town centre with an old church, town hall, and cobblestone streets. Lots of good arts and crafts like blown glass, ceramic (barro) water jugs, silver rings, and candle sticks.

Later, black clouds covered half the sky and it really opened up, making for some cool photos.

Left: The rain starts and the kids escape it.

No comments: