14 August 2006

Saturday 15 April 06


Left: new estates, same as in Oz I think.

Right: at the superdoopermarket.

We're off to visit Abraham's folks. This involves a one hour bus trip, even though his folks are still in Guadalajara. The bus trip takes in some dirt roads on the way. No wonder they have to sweep the other streets so much. The dust swirls up behind us, but, when we stop, it swirls in through the windows. The dust is so thick in the air, you can't see the other half of the bus inside. I woos out, and use my t-shirt over my mouth and nose, to try keep the dust out. And bumpy! My god, the suspension on these buses gets a serious workout. There's a lot of Mercedes buses. I think anything else would die, given the thrashing and bashing these buses receive.


Left: the shortcut to the shops

Abraham's folks live in a new estate, like toytown. He has a lot of younger brothers and sisters. I end up playing a spy game shoot 'em up on playstation. I try to explain what the screen is saying in broken Spanish, but they look they've worked it all out. Their turns last forever, and mine are over quickly as the bad guys kill me again. I can't do much else: I can't understand what Abraham's mum is saying, and don't want to make them play charades all afternoon to explain what's going on.

We shop for lunch in the local mega store, which sells food, clothes and all kinds of things, even motorcycles.

No comments: