08 August 2006

An excursion into town. 11 April 2006


Left: the cathedral in Guadalajara's centre

Right: dining a la street cart, on the footpath, with the fam


Teri has promised to take me into the city centre after school. It's only a 15 minute bus ride, but I'm sad to say, I was too scared to catch a bus by myself for the first few days.

In the centre ("el centro"), I'm snapping away like a Japanese tourist, as there are so many gorgeous Spanish colonial buildings, connected by huge plazas with fountains and statues. It feels like Europe.

The central markets (San Juan de Dios) looks like Mad Max thunderdome, and is ugly as hell. I get the coolest hat in the world: a Tejana (Texan ten gallon hat), very popular with the farmers, and cowboys.

Dinner is at the street stand at the end of our street. Tacos with tongue, pork, and I can't remember, but v. delicious.

No comments: