06 September 2011

The last 12 months

Here's a quick catch up post:
Jack and Ally got married.
Before Christmas, the boss wanted to know who would go to America to start a new support centre there. Marie said no. I would have said yes, for the fun of it. I was going to just say no, but I didn't want him to think I wasn't open to the idea of other places. After saying as much, he turned around pretty quickly with a job ad for France. 2 interviews later, we thought we were in with a good chance. So, we told everyone at Christmas we might be off, and we got some renovations done in a hurry. Oh yeah, that was stressful. I could not get any money for the first month odd, and the builder had progress payments.

We stayed at my Mum's, Felicity's, Tony and Evonne's and Peter's place. The boys really enjoyed having an 8 week sleepover, but we found it tiring, living from 4 suitcases. We swore we'd never do it again.

Ollie fell over backward and cracked his head. Celia said we had to keep an eye on him in case of concussion. I knew you can ask simple questions to test if their brain is functioning ok. I asked who won the race at the end of the Cars movie. He said "Chunkin, and Mr Shrinking Hat." This test does not work on a 4 year old.

We went to the Wiggles. It was pretty damn boring, but I think the kids had a good time.

We had a good time at Joshua's 1st birthday. There was a jumping castle, a great idea!

No comments: