15 June 2023

2023-May

The place is coming along. During May Marie and the guys put up the gyprock on the garage walls. The bike in the picture means I rode up, pretty sure we drove back through. The floor is hebel something that levels itself out. It's some kind of soft concrete.
This is the laundry. Pretty sure the walls went up, plumbing roughed in, electricity roughed in, roof is on, insulation in, inner wall gyprock is on. Marie has been sanding and getting the paint off the doors for the laundry and garage.

Also during May, we had Justin and Theo over. We played Cthulu, where you lie abou the cards, plus some monster thing that's similar to Pandemic.

Oli cooked dinner, by himself, 2 nights in a row. Last night, I couldn't be bothered so I offered to go out. But they're not into leaving the house much at night. So he says I'll cook. What do you want me to do? Checking the fridge, and googling recipes, we picked risotto. He cooked the onions, added the butter, thyme, then coated the rice with the resulting butter mixture, add the stock half cup by half cup. Man it was delicious as it sounds. Talk about "nailed it!!" I'm happy he is getting more independent and getting them skills. The other recipe was a Nachos, layers of chips, cheese and beans with a salsa, sour cream, and his home made guacamole. Again, fing delicious. 
Lou cooked once this week. It was boiled pasta. But he did it himself while I lay on the couch, in the stink of the cat. I chopped some tomato, or random stuffed peppers to go on top. So filling and nice work Lou.

Lou's bday! Sunday, had some school buddies over to play WII, have a Nerf gun war, do some card games like Muffin Time. I made Sandvich (insert image) by Lou request. Sunday night, dinner at the Majestic (old Majestic Theatre) with the McCabes.
Saturday - had the neighbours over-Christina, Tony, Connaugh, Jamie, Tim, Trish-kids played with the dogs. Simple BBQ, ate too much.
=

I'm amazed at how Marie can multi task. For example today, Marie got some washing done and went to Robbie's to help do some cooking. She just shoved the washing in the machine then walked out. I went to Bunnings this morning to pick up some taps, looked at more taps online, stopped for a phone call from her to wash out some ramikins for her sister to pick up. Then I folded up the old washing on the line, so that I could hang up the new stuff.  Marie has achieved the washing, ramekins and tap procurement all while cooking. Males are hopeless. I can't even do my day job.
Saturday, oh lala- went to Jacky's for a French theme lunch. Seafood souffle, Beef bourgignon, and profiteroles. She spent ages cooking it up, v impressive. I rode from Homebush station via Olympic Park, M4, Livo rail then on the Sydney Pipeline path - magnificent, low stress all the way.




Went to Fils for lunch. Sat in Johns car while the tyre guy told him there's nothing wrong. He probably never fills the tyres. Despite the man being helpful and straight, John then informed everyone about which ethnic heritage he felt he had without knowing. He drove me crazy.

Goldie the dog just loves the hose. Drives her mental.
Jaime from next door borrowed my hat and bolo tie. He is a well known talented musician, part of the "A" team.


No comments: