22 September 2012

Marie

The way to Marie can be tricky.




"I seen a few things a woman ain't sposed to see. I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me."
That is until today. Marie, at least, has been to Marie.
Marie is beautiful, pedestrianised, and surrounded by mountains.





Marie is about 45 minutes away. The way to Marie is very windy and one lane in places, but worth the effort (according to Marie). When we visited, they were having the celebration of Marie. I asked if we could pay up to join in, but the main man said don't worry, just help yourself. But Marie didn't feel comfortable freeloading, so we ended up leaving Marie hungry.



The band celebrating Marie
I suggested coming back for a weekend trip, as Marie is beautiful, but Marie didn't think the kids would enjoy staying for a whole whole weekend, even if there's lots of places you can walk all over Marie. Sadly, I don't think we'll visit Marie for a bit, until we get our next lot of visitors.



Lunch was down the street from Marie, and Marie was happier after a good feed, and a wine.

No comments: