07 November 2011

Rainy weekend

<-- have I got a deal for you

boy in doorway checks out our boys -->



It was raining this last week. I came home in pitch black Friday night. Going down the underpass on the path with my too small light, I noticed a big puddle and hit the brakes. Too late, I was in over the axles. Walking back, I wondered how to get around, but decided the safest way was to stick on the path, as long as the water didn't go up past my thigh. So I walked on in. It was only above the knee, but cold, and not good for shoes. My ankle reflector is still in there. Ollie will be disappointed, as it was a favourite toy. Coming home today, it's still about 60cms deep. Maybe it's time to get some fishing waders so I can still ride home.

<--view from La Roquette

The weather cleared for a bit so we walked down to our beach. On Sunday, we drove a little way to La Roquette Sur Var, to get the boys to sleep after lunch, via the creepy St Martin du Var. Everyone gave us a good stare. Doesn't look like they get visitors there.



<-- Marie at the Mairie


Buildings wrapped around the boules (patonk) patch in the town square gives this place a homely feel -->

No comments: